Best Practices and guidelines for mobile devices.
- Techs need flashlights for best results and clarity of media!
- Full size iPads ARE NOT recommended for technician use with ServiceCart or for taking technician videos. Smaller devices that can be operated with one hand and feature a flashlight work best. Think iPhone or iPad MINI (version with a flashlight).
- Larger devices like iPads ARE recommended for drive aisle activities (Mobile Check In, Video Walk Around) if the intention is to share the screen interactively with a customer.
- Devices with data plans are the tool of choice for Pickup and Delivery to ensure your drivers are connected to home base and the customer during their trips.
- IF YOU ARE PURCHASING DEVICES for your team, myKaarma does not recommend Android based devices to avoid obsolescence when expanding to other product features.
- SHARING DEVICES Device sharing for technicians is possible but if you expect a high number of ROs to have media attached, avoid any more than 2 techs per device.
iOS 10 or above is required for all devices.
X or above is highly recommended
All Air/Pro models 4 or above – *Not recommended for ServiceCart
Android 10 Lollipop or above is required for all devices.
Note: Android devices do not support all myKaarma products, including but not limited to ServiceCart and Mobile Check-in.
7 or above
8 or above
6 or above