$80k – $120k • No equity
Our Philosophy: An “Innovate or Die” Culture
We have a vision: we want to dominate the conversational commerce landscape in the transportation segment. Like all tall targets, we have started by trying to prove this model in Automotive Retail in the USA. Today, with 500+ Dealers, 20 million text messages, 2 million recorded phone calls and over $1 Billion in payments, I think we have proven our thesis.
We are looking for a dynamic thought leader that is not afraid to “break the rules”. For a company that built the first version of the product with interns who were still in college, we have done what a lot of sage advisors said couldn’t be done. BUT.. we still have a long way to go! The person that makes the cut, MUST be young in their mind (Physical age means nothing.. Ask our executive team.. They all seem to defy the odds of physical limitations), be bold, and willing to take risk. Our vision for India is our own campus, with VolleyBall/Squash and food courts and freedom to create like no other company has done before.
At myKaarma, we make no bones about the fact that culture comes before everything else, and the only way to see it in action is in the decisions made by our team members. Here, we focus on good judgement and results, not process, and mistakes are punished only if they are hidden. We believe in failing-fast, clear communication among team-mates, and no sidebar meetings in the hallway after the main meeting to discuss the “real” opinions. Our team is loosely coupled, yet strongly aligned. And above all, if you need time to tackle a family exigency, we will always accommodate you, since you would have done enough succession planning that others can temporarily step in your role for the team.
myKaarma is an Automotive Software company based in Los Angeles, CA, and is on a fast track to change the retail experience for consumers. Our clients range from Mercedes-Benz to Hyundai dealerships across USA and Canada. Our “cloud” model is geared for high growth while remaining highly profitable.
Due to a lot of recent growth of our products for car dealerships that enhance the retail experience of their customers, we are in need of a few incredibly intelligent product managers. As part of the product management team, you will work closely with our customers to discover how we can further solve the pain points in their daily work. You will also be integral in making key business and product strategy decisions.
What we are looking for:
– Some sort of degree or equivalent in Engineering/Computer Science. This isn’t necessary, but if you don’t have previous knowledge you better want to learn it, and fast.
– Experience with user interface and prototyping tools (Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch, etc)
– A strong interest in technology (reiteration of the previous statement).
– Deduction skills equivalent to that of Sherlock Holmes.
– An unending desire to understand all aspects of problem, can’t be satisfied with a high level overview.
– Be a “product” person, you love to build things, things that people love to use.
– Empathy for your user. Feel like them, don’t just listen to what they say.
What’s in it for you:
– The chance to have more responsibility than you can handle
– Have legitimate control over how something is built that people rely on to run their business.
– Automotive is the next major tech market and you can be one of the first people to experience the cultural shift. Ask yourself, what are you going to do when your car is driving itself?
– Chance to work directly with the founding team and have the ability to influence a successful start up
– Please do us a favor and drop us an email as to why you think we are a good fit for you.
Your Profile Must Have:
– At least 5 years of post-college experience in a technology driven company
– Excellent communication skills — verbal, written and listening
– A background of having dealt with multiple aspects of product management, including:
— Establishing product vision
— Establishing product priorities
— Business Case Development
— Requirements gathering and specification
— Product Analytics (usage)
— A-B Testing (Comparison)
— Product Rollout (Alpha, Beta, GA)
— Product Pricing
— Market Feedback
— Critical analysis skills and sound judgement
Nice to Have:
– Familiarity with Agile/Scrum methodology
– International product development experience, specially in product companies in the US (ability to work with teams across geographies).
Fill out the following form and apply for this position!